0

Undefined Query error when modifying query


Avatar
Rainer Schmid

This error occurred after modifying the query to pull (DCM) data by adding in additional filters to the initial data pull, all the information for the query in the sidebar disappears
Please see attached image


A

Activity Newest / Oldest

A

Antonio Barral

Status changed to: Closed

Avatar

Anne Mui

Hey Fran, here's the link to the report: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uXheEZq6T_lAxJhXE62jn5czmUftNzOUC7U16aWzz_E/edit#gid=1939142089

Please find the attached screen shot of the error I'm experiencing. Thank you!


F

Fran Saavedra

Hi Anne,
Thank you for giving me access to the document. I was able to review the data and saw that the DataslayerQueries sheet data was deleted by one of the users of the document. It is important to keep the DataslayerQueries headers, otherwise the add-on is not able to identify the query information.

To solve this problem there are several options: on the one hand you can delete the DataslayerQueries sheet and re-open the Dataslayer add-on, which will take care of re-creating the sheet again with the proper formatting. On the other hand, you can manually add a new row at position 1 of the DataslayerQueries sheet and insert the headers.

In case you decide to insert the headers directly, you can do it by copying them from another document in which you have used Dataslayer, although I also put them here:

Query UUID Sheet name Range address Created Updated Last status Last refresh ID Results contain sampled data Execution time (sec) Object type Linked chart ID Data source Date range type Start date End date Compare to Comparison value type Accounts/views Metrics Dimensions Pivot dimensions Filters Segment ID Segment dim Sort Max rows Max pivot categories Special settings Other parameters Result type Language/country Translate to SQL Database name Range address (static) Report type Highlight with colour Refresh with user account Returned data Sort dimensions Created by user account


F

Fran Saavedra

Status changed to: Under review

Avatar

Anne Mui

this query was working the last time but is now causing issues


F

Fran Saavedra

Hi Anne,
Could you give me access to the document in which this issue is happening to the account fran@softpoint.es?
If not, you can also send me screenshots of all the data that appears in the row in the DataslayerQueries sheet to try to identify the problem.
Thanks.


F

Fran Saavedra

Status changed to: Closed

A

Antonio Barral

Hi Rainer,

I have tried to run a DCM query and then modify its data adding filters. It worked perfectly fine for me. Please check that the query you want to modify has the correct format in the DataslayerQueries tab. If the query does not have the right format because it was modified, then, edit the query will probably fail.

Moreover, it will be easier for us to replicate the error if you can tell us every parameter of the query (you can post it here or use the report tool in dataslayer). It will be useful too the information regarding that query in the DataslayerQueries tab.

Thank you in advance